CA – Body found in Delta-Mendota canal identified as missing Fowler truck driver | abc30

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — The Merced County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed the body of 54-year-old Satwant Bains from the Delta-Mendota canal.

Deputies recovered the body Saturday afternoon a short distance from where Bains’ truck was discovered.

[Click here for full story]

Advertisements

Trucker missing; rig was left idling on I-5 near Los Banos | The Mercury News

A truck driver has been missing since early Wednesday, when his big rig was found with its engine running on Interstate 5 near Los Banos.

His family has not heard from Satwant “Sonny” Bains, 54, since he left for work Tuesday evening from his home in Fowler, south of Fresno.

[Click here for full story]

Fresno father missing for a year, family holding on to hope | abc30.com

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — A Fresno father of four has been missing since December of 2014 and his family is still holding on to hope.

Christmas is not the same at Liz Subia’s house. Her kids are without a dad and there are presents without a tree. “He always would get excited and bring home the tree so we’re not gonna have a tree cause dad brings that home,” Subia said.

She has been waiting for her husband, Fernando, to come home since last year, “The last time I spoke to him was December 9th at 5:42 in the morning.”

[Click here for full story]

CA – Man wanted for questioning in 6-month-long Fowler missing persons case | abc30.com

fernando subia

FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) — Fernando Subia, 46, has not been seen for six months. Detectives say Randy Lay, 55, was likely with him in the days before he vanished.

The Subia family is pleading for help. Detectives are running low on leads, but hoping to track Lay, who is wanted for questioning. This case is still classified as a missing persons case, but it’s being handled by homicide investigators.

[Click here for full story]

Family of missing Fowler, CA man Fernando Subia offers $7,000 reward | Local News | FresnoBee.com

Fernando Subia

The family of a Fowler man who went missing while walking near his home in early December is offering a $7,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.

Fernando Subia, 46, was last seen walking in the 4100 block of East Adams Avenue, just outside the city of Fowler, on the evening of Dec. 9. He did not show up for work at the Harris Ranch Beef Co. in Selma the next day, said Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims at a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

[Click here for full story]

DNA confirms ID of Nena Metoyer, missing woman in Fowler, IN backyard | WISH-TV

nena metoyer

FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) — DNA has confirmed the deceased woman found in the backyard of a Fowler home is that of missing woman Nena Metoyer.

On Thursday, the Benton County Coroner’s Office received DNA confirmation that the body discovered at 500 E. 5th Street on Oct. 11 was in fact 68-year-old Nena Metoyer, of Dunedin, Florida. Metoyer was in Fowler visiting her daughter, family said.

Fowler Police Department ruled the death a homicide on Oct. 14 when investigators revealed the woman was found with a single gunshot wound to the head.

Metoyer was the mother of 49-year-old Teresa Jarding, who was found Sept. 24 in the 5th Street Fowler home in medical distress. Jarding was pronounced dead at the hospital the following day.

[Click here for full story]

IN – Human remains possibly related to Nena Metoyer found on Fowler property belonging to missing woman’s daughter | wlfi.com

metoyer

FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) – Fowler Police Chief Dennis Rice confirmed to News 18 that possible human remains were discovered on the property of the Fowler home where missing Fowler woman 68-year-old Nena Metoyer was last seen.

The discovery was made Saturday afternoon. Police can’t confirm if the remains are that of Metoyer.

Metoyer was reported missing back on September 24.

[Click here for full story]